26 May 2010

like this

Last weekend we buckled the kids into their respective car seats and headed off to tackle our ever expanding list of to-dos. We then hopped into the front seat and took off. Soon the road and radio noises were drowned out by the happy babbles from our Riley girl and the curious questioning from Logan. As both carried on, with no end in sight, TED and I took turns trying to acknowledge Riley's cute attempts at conversation while answering the rapid fire questions on subjects ranging from, "what kinds of clouds are those" and "where we were going" to "are lizards afraid of rain".

 Finally, after many minutes I started to laugh. I couldn't help myself.  I looked over at TED, still patiently answering all of our little boy's questions and posed one of my own... "Did you ever think this is what your life would be like?" He turned to me and laughed saying, "never".

We talked about how we would have loved to put a video camera in the car with us so that we could remember these moments and some day share them with our kids. The moments of crazy that are part of every parent's life, yet so unique that you just have to stop and take it all in. I hope we always take a moment to be in awe of what is going on around us as we watch our children grow into this big world of ours.

Truth is, I never knew life would be like this but I am so incredibly thankful that it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments but let's try to keep it nice. If you wouldn't say it directly to my face let's not say it here, k? k!