22 October 2007

Footlocker

As we approached home this afternoon I checked the front door to see if a small package had been delivered from UPS. I quickly learned that there was something else at my door. A large green footlocker with an airbill and customs forms straight from Iraq. There it sat, proof that this is almost over; TED is almost home. Soon there will be no more packages, no more emails, no more phone calls, and sleepless nights. Soon we will again be a family. This glorious box in all of it's ugliness and heaviness was the best thing I have seen in a long time.

I can hardly believe that it has almost been a year. We have gone 332 days in this deployment. Just writing that is unbelievable. Sometimes it seems like a lifetime, others like a flash. The green footlocker sitting in my foyer is proof that we are almost safe, that my prayers are almost answered that my hero will be making his way home soon.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh... I can't wait for that day, when packages from THERE start coming, rather than vice versa. :) I'm happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yea! Such an exciting time for you!

    Here's hoping your last month is quick and brings your love home safe.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments but let's try to keep it nice. If you wouldn't say it directly to my face let's not say it here, k? k!